Old War Office
A Grade II, 580,000sqft, former government building, synonymously associated with Winston Churchill, located at the junction of Horse Guards Avenue & Whitehall in the heart of London.
Westminster City council have granted planning permission for the building, steeped in history, to be sympathetically converted into a 5 star hotel and luxury one to five bedroom apartments, whilst maintaining public access to the historically significant parts of the building.
The conversion will include the forming of additional basement levels, upper levels as well as increasing the floor space to existing levels.
- TBS Size : Multiple, 2x500amp 1x800amps
- Number of Tower Cranes : 2No, each 500amp
- Number of Hoists : 1No
- Number of Sub Distribution Boards : 30No, 160 to 400amps
- Number of Transformers : 100No
- Number of Safety Lights : 1,300No
- Wireless Evacuation System : Yes, 100+ Call Points
- Temporary Water & Drainage Services : Yes
“Templec have impressed right from the start of the project, they have maintained the same knowledgeable site personnel and nothing has been too much trouble for them, a very good service in all respects.”
- John Vince, Commercial Manager
“An easy company to recommend, professional attitude, very helpful, excellent site personnel, I would happily work with Templec on my next project.”
- Ed Bickford, Site Manager, Special Projects
|Project Name||The Old War Office|
|Project Duration||5 Years|